Debating summer schools, lasting one or two weeks featuring:
- An opening ceremony and showcase debate featuring world-class debaters on an engaging topic. The showcase debate will give your students an idea of what a debate looks like and what to expect from the sessions.
- Workshops that cover the fundamentals of debating and the art of public speaking using Debate Mate’s internationally recognized methodology.
- Talks and seminars led by world-class debaters from the world’s most prestigious universities.
- Practice debates with personalized feedback and targets.
- Fun, debating-related team building games and high-energy recreational activities including sports, spelling bee, chess, quizzes, a talent contest and much more. All of our activities can be adapted to suit the needs of your school.
- A highly prestigious championship competition, followed by a Grand Final and a formal Gala Awards Ceremony.
- Debate Mate branded merchandise, certificates, and awards for all participants.
Sample summer school day
Introduction and team activities
Students will participate in a series of warm up activities to enrich their learning. Activities will range from sports challenges to guest lectures delivered by top coaches.
Activities and lessons focused on developing key debating skills
Practice debates and team challenges
Putting the skills developed in earlier sessions into practice through different activities, ranging from team challenges to practice debates. Students will receive detailed feedback from their coaches and set personalised targets.
Late afternoon / evening
Evening recreational activities
Students will get the opportunity to take part in activities; including karaoke night, quizzes, an evening treasure hunt, a talent show, and much more. Prizes will be awarded throughout and overall winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony on the final day.