Debate Mate is always looking for ambitious university students to become mentors on our Core Programme, as well as take part in other Debate Mate events. As a university mentor, you get:
- The opportunity to work with a group of young people, establishing a rapport with them and acting as a role model to raise their aspirations
- Practical experience teaching – great if you are considering a career in the teaching profession
- Valuable experience to include on your CV – great for post-university job applications
- A chance to participate in events held by our funders, including Credit Suisse, Nomura, Artemis, Deloitte and more
- Paid! We pay our mentors £20 for each 1-hour after school session and we also cover travel costs
We are now registering interest for the 2017/18 programme. If you’re interested in being a mentor, please fill in the form here and we will be in touch with our assessment dates in September. We will be operating in Leeds, Scotland (Edinburgh and Glasgow), Bristol, Manchester, Liverpool, Nottingham, the West Midlands and London in 2017/18.